• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2 G AXIA at 1.33 (CPU to hot?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

*ASUS AV7133 MB & AMD 1.2 (running 133x10, 1.82v)

*Enlight ATX Mid-case 250W for K-7

*GlobalWin with 40x40 fan at 4400rpm

*ASUS PC Probe reports MB 28c 82f in case

*Removed the PAD, using Radio Shack thermal grease on CPU Core. I evan lapped the HS/F a little with fine sandpaper.

*AMD 1.2 (running 133x10, 1.82v)

*44-48C Idle
48-53C Loaded
Ambiant 75-80f room temp

Am I too hot on the CPU?
How can I get the Temp down to 40-45 Loaded??

GEOBRONC

How many case fans r u running? And A Globalwin ? HSF what type is it? FOP32?

There's a well known problem with the ASUS Probe in that it is reporting temperatures that are as much as 10C higher than actual. I've used several ASUS boards of late and have found it to be common to have temps reported in the mid 50's. I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless they got over 60C or had stability problems.

What is that fan your using, a 40mm will not cool a t-bird, gauranted. Looks like you need a better heatsink.

The RPM's are a dead giveaway. He's running an FOP-32 or equivalent. My FOP-38 runs just over 7000 RPM. But personally, I'd say that his chip is a little bit warm. I'd lower the Vcore voltage and add a nice quiet case fan, or a new hsf.

FRANK (May 11, 2001 10:22 p.m.):
There's a well known problem with the ASUS Probe in that it is reporting temperatures that are as much as 10C higher than actual. I've used several ASUS boards of late and have found it to be common to have temps reported in the mid 50's. I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless they got over 60C or had stability problems.

I believe that asus and all other socket A boards are reporting temps 4-8 C lower then the actual core temp

abit has made an adjustment to there probe to give a slightly more accurate reading ..this pertaining to the newer abit boards

if your reaching 50+ under full load then I would suggest you seek a better cooling solution

Back