• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Is it safe to run the PCI and AGP at 36.5 and 71?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
S

Slowpoke

I overclocked the 1.3T-Bird using 12.5 multiplier and 110 fsb on the A7V. I looped 3DMark2001 demo 20 times and did the Sisoft Sandra CPU torture test with no lockups. But I'm wondering if my PCI and AGP specs are too high from the default 33 and 66. I have 2 PCI cards (3com modem and Live! soundcard) and the Geforce3 installed. Thanks.

Those numbers are fine as long as your periphrials will support them. If you have old equipment in your system that have a problem with those speeds they will let you know.

Good Luck

One last question: the last time I tried overclocking (T-Bird900), I increased the multiplier to 11.0 and left the fsb at 100. Couple of weeks later, my chip was dead. It was my first attempt at overclocking and I was stupid enough not to have adequate cooling. Now with the 1.3ghz, I'm leaving the multiplier as it is, but, as I stated in the opening thread, I increased the fsb to 110. By increasing just the fsb, is there any chance that the cpu will be damaged? Or is it just my memory that's at risk. I really don't care if I kill the memory but the cpu is another story. Thanks.

Back