• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy Halo on XBox or PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xaeron

I am going insane... no I'm really not kidding, waiting for these stupid games to come out. It's been so long since I've played a new game that I forgot where to buy them. Anywho I have an XBox that more or less just sits around. None of the games I have on it are really that great. I have the RTCW game, but the music really depresses me... I don't know why. It just does. I was looking through some demo disks that a friend gave me and I saw that one of them had a Halo demo on there. I played it and immediately fell in love. I have a nice widescreen hi-def TV with a Sony surround sound system hooked up to it. I bought the hi-def kit so now I'm running my XBox to my TV with component in and to the reciever with optical audio. Halo with my setup was a very sweet experience. I'm just debating if I want to wait another month for it to get to my little hometown so that I can play multiplayer or buy it for XBox so that can tide me over until HL2 comes out and get my multiplayer fix with that. It would be a good excuse to finally play my XBox more often. I just don't know if I can wait another 3 or 4 weeks for it to get here only to have HL2 arrive at the same time and not be able to get both.... AHHHH Well this message is entirely too long. I'll be suprised if any of you read this. Oh well... what do you think?

-BTW I'm leaning towards getting it for XBox

Xbox. I don't know about everyone else, I just think it looks better on Xbox.

Halo also feels more "natural" with a controller.

i agree about the more natural feel part:)

i have had it on xbox since the day xbox was released...and i love it - and ive also had halo2 preordered ever since i was able to...50 years ago:)

You guys really should not download leaked software. Also, it feels more natural on Xbox because you've been playing it on Xbox for 2 years. If you'd been playing it on PC for 2 years then tried it on Xbox it would feel totally wrong in just the same way.

I say both. I got it for XBox the day it came out, and I will be getting it for the PC the day it comes out. Firstly, online free multiplayer is a big thing for me, and secondly keyboard and mouse are nice too. Don't get me wrong, I love my XBox controller (The original one, not the new ghey Controller-S), but I like keyboard + mouse too.

Wow, thanks for the reply guys. I honestly expected all of you to say PC.... I might run out and get it tomorrow... I have all afternoon off! WOOHOO!

Xaeron said:
I have a nice widescreen hi-def TV with a Sony surround sound system hooked up to it

care to explain why you would NOT get it on xbox?!?!?! - lol

my friend has a projector (i dont know the screen size though...bottom line: its big) - that is the BEST way to play halo!

we played 3 player (we didnt have a fourth), and each screen was the size of your TV...lol - its incredible - thats why id go for xbox

nothing beats mouse and keyboard combo to play a FPS so i will go for PC version besides for me to play Halo means going over to friends place and hear his bragging over his lovely xbox unlimited times :p

baqai said:
nothing beats mouse and keyboard combo to play a FPS so i will go for PC version besides for me to play Halo means going over to friends place and hear his bragging over his lovely xbox unlimited times :p

Ill Second that, i HATE the xbox controller/controls, im soooo stoked for the pc version to come out...weve been waiting a while and its about time. Oh yeah and its not goin to feel "unatural" for anyone if they buy it for PC and havent played if for months/years on the xbox.

I played it on Xbox and I thought that it was kinda dumb. UT is more fun imho, and that second stick thingy for your head movement (basically taking the place of a mouse) I just couldnt get used to. And no I didnt play it at a friends for only 5 minutes, I borrowed my cousins Halo cd for my own xbox and played it for about 2 hours straight and just couldnt get used to it. Maybe I just need to give it more time, but I think that UT2k3 is much more fun.

If you have friends with xboxs then get the xbox so you can have some awesome halo parties. If you don't then get it on the pc so you can play the multiplayer games that way.

For FPS, Mouse and Keyboard OWNZ controller...any controller. There is no debate about this you can't get the same accuracy you get with a controller that you do with a mouse. Also the PC version will have more eye candy to it.

Xbox. You can always play multiplayer on Gamespy if you have a hub and a fast connection. I do it all the time. Spank some kids with my pistola Fush style.

TUK101 said:
... I borrowed my cousins Halo cd for my own xbox and played it for about 2 hours straight and just couldnt get used to it. Maybe I just need to give it more time...

When you do get used to it, you fall in love. Thats why many game reviewers nowadays compare all console fps controls to Halo setups. Once you can move both thumbs simultaneously its really fluid and you have no idea how you played anything without it before. Headshots are incredibly simple if you are coordinated, makes for some sick strafing moves too.

i have halo on the x-box and i am thinking of getting it again on the computer just because i love paying FPS type games on my computer...i am a lot better at them...and now that i think of it i died a lot of times in halo....stuipid halo bad guys...grrr...anyways...get it on the pc is my choice or both...it is all good

Xbox all the way... I find games are always better on thier original systems...

and where did the leaked game thing come from? I see no mention of that anywhere in this thread.

Back