• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cpu and codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brojoh2

Registered
A newbie question here . . . I'm ordering a new cpu (1.33ghz) and I would like to know if / how to successfully specify AXIA Bird when ordering? Hit or miss? Take your best shot? Luck of the draw?

The other coding that seems to be out there is AVIA. Does anyone know anything about this chip?

I'm leaning toward going w/ Axion Tech. to order from. Their rating at reseller is great, good price, AND they're from Texas! (a big plus in my book) I'm going to try to place order this morning so if I could get feedback ASAP, that'd be great. Thanx

From what I have heard, almost all 1.33's are AXIA stepping. I havent seen one yet that wasnt. But, yeah, it's pretty much luck of the draw. If you can get to a computer show or a retail store that will let you look at the cores before you buy that would be cool but most online places wont garantee you'll get an AXIA. (I've asked several) I bought one from Newegg and got an AXIA.

You can check the homepage and see what the average oc for the 1.33 is. The last time I checked it was an average of about 1.4. Using the Swiftech MC462A I can do 1.53 stable. I've got it to post at 1.6 but it isn't stable at all.

I know that for when first released they were AXIA's and I got mine from Newegg.com.

Amiel

Just thought i'd let you know i've ordered from Axion Tech (not a thunderbird, but other things) and they are a good place to order from.

Aaron

Aman99 (May 12, 2001 10:35 a.m.):
Just thought i'd let you know i've ordered from Axion Tech (not a thunderbird, but other things) and they are a good place to order from.

Aaron

That's good to know. I got a great qoute from them ($202) and they have great comments / ratings at Resellers. They are out of stock on the 1.33ghz right now though.

brojoh2 (May 12, 2001 07:52 a.m.):
A newbie question here . . . I'm ordering a new cpu (1.33ghz) and I would like to know if / how to successfully specify AXIA Bird when ordering? Hit or miss? Take your best shot? Luck of the draw?

The other coding that seems to be out there is AVIA. Does anyone know anything about this chip?

I'm leaning toward going w/ Axion Tech. to order from. Their rating at reseller is great, good price, AND they're from Texas! (a big plus in my book) I'm going to try to place order this morning so if I could get feedback ASAP, that'd be great. Thanx

ive had good luck going to the local computer stores and telling them im looking for a certain chip when thay ask me why i tell them "i read on the internet that this is one of the most stable chips amd makes" dont tell them the numbers untill they bring the tray of OEM chips out ;D

>ive had good luck going to the local computer stores and telling them im looking for a certain chip when thay ask me why i tell them "i read on the internet that this is one of the most stable chips amd makes" dont tell them the numbers untill they bring the tray of OEM chips out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kat <

I guess that makes you a "sly" kat!

Back