• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

interesting OC observations with this mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idioteQnology

i am new at this so bear with me if my findings are not solid but....

i run hyperx pc3200 @ 255 and it ran fine but that was the limit at 5:4 ratio. however if i enabled MAM or performance mode to Turbo it would crash. but it isnt stable at 255 prime95 gets errors though the pc didnt crash when just using it or gaming with it (C&C red alert2 for a couplehours)

Sandra memory scores were the same as @220fsb at 1:1 ration with MAM and Turbo enabled.

all on 2.5 4 4 8 4 @220fsb 1:1 the best timings i could get and 2.5 3 3 7 4 @255 5:4 and i am still messing around with timings as we speak to find the best i can get at the 5:4 ratio.

however there is a major benefit i think to running @ 5:4 without mam enabled because when i start up and run sandra memory bandwidth for both 220fsb 1:1 and 255fsb @5:4 i get around 4500-4600+ memory bandwidth @220 and 4700@255

but after running some applications (then closing the apps) then rerunning sandra my scores stay the same with the fsb @ 253 5:4 but go down to 3200 with fsb@220 1:1 mam and turbo enabled which is a huge hit i'd say.

it seems that mam & turbo lose effectiveness as you use the pc more so it is better to go with the lower ratio and no mam/turbo even though at first i thought i was getting equal performance.

edit: also i disabled ICH delayed transaction and Spread Spectrum under chipset features.
running stable now prime95 for a couple hours so far @ 251fsb 5:4 2.5 3 3 8 4 2.7v dram

mam-auto
performance-auto

also my sandra marks are with all my startup programs running (NAV,NIS,Proxomitron,M-audio Revo CP, M-Audio 2496 CP, Windowblinds, Rage3d) if i disable most of my start up programs i just clear 5000MB/sec

Last edited:
wow. now i can enable MAM and keep PERFORMANCE to auto and my memory scores went up 3000 and it seems to be stable.

I have stayed away from turbo mode. Even my gig runs fine on prime95, turbo mode crashes on me when I'm playing unreal tournament 2003 or Rise of Nations.

i am still tweaking. interesting. i enabled turbo and got a small gain with it. i do have the RON demo ill try it and see what happens if it crashes. i just played C&C generals demo and it worked like a charm i need to go buy that game.

I have since turned Turbo off as well. I used to run Turbo enabled, and everything seemed fine. I could pass 20 loops of memtest no problem, but then using Photoshop, after a while I would get some strange memory errors and would have to reboot. Good find.

Back