• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can I Safely overclock my 1.2 ghz Amd cpu go??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toomnymods

I'm new to overclocking but ive been reading the forums for a few days and finally got in my swiftech 462b cooler for my 1.2 ghz cpu. I'm just wondering how far should i try to push my cpu? any advice would be greatly appreciated..
System specs:
Asus A7m266 v.1004 with bios 1004_02f
1.2 ghz Amd cpu w/ 266fsb
Swiftech 462b cpu cooler w/80mm delta fan
256 mb of pc2100 ddrsdram (samsung)
3dcool's tornado 2000 case w/ 2 - 90mm intake fans, 2 - fans in the back for exhausting the air (not counting the powersupply fan)
Windows 2000 w/ Sp-2 installed
Soundblaster live platinum 5.1 Sound card
Hercules Prophet 2 ultra 64 mb ddr

I have the latest 4 in 1 drivers from Via as well as all other updates from all the manufacturers, (Amd,Nvidia,Asus,Etc.) This system is very stable no problems, can you give me any ideas on how far you think my cpu can be over clocked and what type of voltages to run?
Thanks

well ..I would have to say. that you are well on your way to over clocking...

its been my experience that if you take small steps there will be little chance that you will hurt any thing ;D

Only thing to make sure of is that you have a good enough power supply (350W +) cause I had a 300W and overclocking my 1 ghz AXIA and upping the voltage killed it. (the power supply, not the CPU)

Aaron

Thanks, for ur reply
My powersupply is a Enermax 451 watt powersupply
this is kinda overkill but i plan to run a scsi raid configuration soon as i can afford 4 seagate chettah15,000rpm scsi harddrives, already have the adaptec 3400s raid card Muahahaha Can't wait to get this screaming system fully maxed out
thanks

Back