• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500 identified as garbage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ned

I've just installed 2500 Barton on an Asus A7V8X and the processor is being identified as:

AuthenticAMD
long-string-of-strange-symbols

Any idea what is going on?

I can't type them. They are things like euro signs, accented characters and solid blocks.

There have been reports of 2500+'s giving several odd name strings. It shouldn't actually effect anything, other than what it shows up as in programs such as WCPUID.

Is the garbage string being reported in the POST, OS and/or WCPUID? Do you have another mobo/cpu you can test with? Have you tried flashing the BIOS? Just suggestions as this is the first time I've heard about this.

Check your CMOS jumper, it may have been placed on wrong. Something similiar happened to my friend recently when he placed the jumper back on wrong.

Heh and here I thought it was just me. AMD Athlon™ prosussor .... always has been like that, don't know if the guys over at AMD get smacked in the head with bricks regularly to make it a challenge pushing out CPU's or what....but it's kind of wierd.

Back