• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooled setup question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arabarabian

I am starting to run over watercooling options now. I will be using an AMD CPU, haven't decided if I will upgrade or not. But my idea was to get another case just like mine, SX1000. I would then remove the door from one and the side panel from the other. Then I would screw them together. This would give me plenty of room for an internal water cooling setup. It would also give me room to add more drives if I wanted. Then I would use a modded 400-500 watt power supply to run all of the water cooling equipment. And keep it seperated from my other supply. I will try to sketch up a picture to help out. Has anyone tried this out before? Does anyone have any recomendations for me?

Thank You,
Daniel

I've seen it done before. Someone put a hinge on the back of their two cases so they opened up in the middle like a book. I know you want this for watercooling but the case modding itself should go in alternative modding, you'll get more ideas on options and choices for members there too. So with that in mind moved to alternative modding.

Sounds excellent, the hinge idea is kinda nice, just the wiring may get messy with that setup. You an also just have the main computer PSU kick on the second PSU with a relay tripping the Black/Ground wires on the second PSU. That way they both come on at once.

Back