• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

after getting a 9600pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven4563

i went from a ti4200 to a 9600pro and all i can say is im not vert impressed i got 11k at stock and 14k in 3dmark2001 once overclocked

i think im gonna take it back and get a 9700np and flash it to 9700pro bios

Did you play a game with it and turn on all the AA and AF settings? I would try both cards with high AA and AF setting to see how it does in your favorite game.

Let us know what happens. I just bought this card and am curious. I got it cause I heard it was so much better with the image quality settings turned on.

yes getting a 9700np would be cool. With that 256bit memory bus on those cards, and adding a nice HSF fan to the GPU may be able to pump out some decent results. Stay way from the infineon memory 9700np, get the samsung 2.8ns on the Sapphire 9700np.

Steven4563 said:
yeah dont get me wrong with everything turned on it faster but just not what i thought it would be like

It's very clear the Radeon 9600PRO isn't a tremendous fast card if you compare it to 9700 etc...

but if you compare it to ti4200 with all the eye-candy turned on you'´ll be amazed what such "cheap" card can do.

Maybe you had to high expectations? ;)

yeah i did coz off how everyone was saying its better than the ti4200 and yes i agree it is with all eye candy on but maybe i was expecting more out off it :(

Yeah, ATI's mid-end cards tend to not be so good. In fact, they're getting worse... 9500 pro to 9600 pro to 9800se. Now that ATI's no longer the underdog, they can excersize some power over its customers.

Your 9600pro is a decent card, just don't expect too much out of it.

im not gonna keep it its a poor performer without AA and AF on i wish i kept my ti4200 now thats y im taking this back and getting a 9700np

that was a pretty pointless upgrade
with detail settings off, ti4200 beat 9600 pro

btw 9800np is probably a better deal than 9700 even if its a few bucks more expensive. Also, ATI is coming out with a whole batch of new midrange cards this fall that maybe worth buys. Just so you know.

Steven4563 said:
im not gonna keep it its a poor performer without AA and AF on i wish i kept my ti4200 now thats y im taking this back and getting a 9700np

im not to sure a 9600pro to a 9700np is much of an upgrade either..

There will be a huge difference. Worth the price IMHO.

Anyways, yes, get a Sapphire 9800np and not a 9700pro. Overclocks much better.

Damian said:
There will be a huge difference. Worth the price IMHO.

Anyways, yes, get a Sapphire 9800np and not a 9700pro. Overclocks much better.

Duno if I agree with you there the Sapphire 9700 np with Sammy 2.8 ns if you can find them still overclocked like a mofo at least mine did but now I have a 9800 Pro and really have not bother ed to overclock it yet

cisco kid

Back