• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turn off & on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

I have a dual monitor set up but only use my second monitor 30% of time.
I cannot figure out how to get the second monitor to go into sleep mode while I'm just using the first one.
If I turn it off and on constantly (about 10 times a day) will this cause extra wear and tear, and maybe a malfunction?

I don't think you can get one monitor to go to sleep in a dual setup. I wouldn't worry about it. The fact that the monitor is on probably won't affect its longevity very much. You could turn down the brightness if it bothers you.

Thanks for your reply. Just to recap: I wont gain much by turning it off and on. I mean leaving it on doesn't cause any wear and tear to the monitor components?

i usually turn mine off when im playing games, but got a little problem though. everytime i play a game, the wallpaper of the other monitor you can only see half of it, i mean, the other half is just black. why is that?

Back