• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long has your Barton been stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ogboot

hey guys, just curious.

anybody posted some awesome oc's here only to discover instability down the road? my barton has been oc'd for a couple of months and is fine, but is anyone experiencing more lockups than usual or any lockups at all that they didn't experience before?

Yes, but only if Vcore was kept above 1.8 volts on permanent bases.

There were no reports of highest OC degradation with 1.8 volts and under.

i heard it was 1.85v.

But does that apply for all bartons or only some.

Some People get lucky just like with anything pertaining to an OC am i right?

Hey thunder what ram do you have?

Id really like to know, so i can see if i could try out your fsb and timings.

I have 3200 twinx.

nice 2s thunder
i know it is muy expensive but i am about to get some mushkin3200 i know others have had success but my corsair2700 will not post above 193 (my pci bus is unlocked, but at 200 it reverts back to 33, so 200 is the magic number for me right now)

*Needs to update his sig*

Been running fine at 12 x 187 (2244) for almost a month now mostly playing games. Considering upgradeing the cooling to a SK7 and see if 13 x 187 (2431) is possible.

u doing the wire trick for that multi or is your chip unlocked that high mine only goes to 12.5

What's up with certain mobos like nForce2 Epox 8RDA+ where you can select all the multis when you put 1700+ T-Bred B in it, however,
selecting ANY multi above 12.5 with ANY FSB results in a 1100 MHz post.

2500+ @ 2300mhz on air, very stable, and happy with my results and still trying to push them higher

with bartons you can take a wire and tie it around 2 of the pins and this jumps the bridge for upper multipliers. sorry i don't have alink but look for it

All this talk about wires... is it to be able to select upper multipliers?

I'm saying there's an 8RDA+ nForce2 where you can select upper multiplers but if you do, the system will only post 1100 MHz.

2500+ running at 2200Mhz, 1.7vcore, a LITTLE unstable - going to up the vcore at some stage...

My 2500+ has been running for a couple of months at 2500MHz (208x12) like a champ. Just dropped the voltage from 1.825 to 1.80 now that I'm using chilled water and it's rock stable. Gonna back down 1.775 and test some more.

Aristotle-IV said:
Why would someone want a multi that high?
Your just going to kill the fsb speed.

...because PC2100 craps out low 150 FSB if that, and budget systems use free after rebate PC2100 RAM, that is why.

Back