• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any great lefty friendly optical mice out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

I'm having a hell of a time finding a good mouse. What I need is:

1. Left handed, ergonomical would be great, but ambidextrous is fine.
2. Optical w/ dual sensors.
3. four buttons minimum, if you count the scroll wheel.
4. scroll wheel!
5. corded, but I guess cordless is acceptable....

Anything that fits the bill?

I'm a lefty, and I'd recommend this: Use a right handed mouse right handed. You'll get used to it, and you won't get confused when you're using other people's computers.

I am a righty so I can't take it from your view but I would recomend getting a mouse that is symetrical, if you really want to use your left hand, i.e. one that does not have an indentation on either side.

Thank You,
Daniel

I know, that's what I'm asking for. An optical that fits in the left hand, and has buttons that are accessible when in the left hand. I once saw a mouse with 4 buttons that claimed to be ambidextrous, but 2 buttons were on the left side, really clumsy for a lefty to push.

the cheap Logiechs are ambidextrous......it's when you get into the MX500 or the dual optical that they become hand-centric.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/productlist&crid=19&countryid=19&languageid=1

looking at that list, the ambidextrous mice that logitech has are the MX300, the Wheel Mouse Optical, a good portion of the wireless (except the mx700 of course)....basically all of the standard mice.

Again, once you get into the mice with more features is where you run into the hand problems....I can't imagine that a 4+ button mouse will be easy to use if you're left handed, given that the button HAS to be on one of the sides (a 5 button mouse would work with buttons 4 and 5 on either side, but there would be a clumsy button for both right and left handed people).....oh, and btw, I consider the mousewheel as a 3rd button, since in many cases it can be pushed down.....

Anyway, my friend, who's left handed, mouses with his right hand....he plays CS a lot, and he's actually very good...it's something you might want to consider.

I'd recommend the Logitech MX310. It's ambidextrious like the MX300 but has the extra buttons like the MX500. Counting the scroll wheel there are 6 buttons and they're balanced evenly around the mouse. There's one button on each side, the scroll button, a button behind the scroller, and the two regular buttons. It doesn't have dual sensors, but the MX series is very accurate. I got one about a month ago, and it's very nice. :)

Strange that you bring up Counter-Strike. I was at a friends house, and we were playing against bots. He was using berettas, and he was firing semi-auto, clicking really fast with his right pointer finger. I was impressed, as I cannot do that though I am very dextrous. I have been mousing with my right hand and plain destroying everything in sight at FPS's for years, but when I used my left hand, it felt more natural and I could click about 2 times as fast. I just want something that I can use with my left hand, as it's pretty obvious that it's my dominant mousing hand.

Back