• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG cases still rule!!!! Need modding ideas for this monster.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SemiCycle

I've never worked with a case this large. With all the components in the case, it was extremely heavy. With all the parts out, it still has a good amount of weight to it. The first thing I will probably do is cut out as much of the frame as I can while leaving the base structure intact. Not sure how to explain this, but thorilan gives an excellent example HERE The hardest part may be modding the front to give it a better look.

BTW, while ripping it apart, I found 2 nice Delta 120mm fans in the hot swapable area (WBF1212M). They still run great.

Anyway, here are some pictures of this monster with the original components and with it cleaned out.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

e1.jpg

Where did you get that beast? and you should paint it, for the first mod, it looks cool, but white? lol

Good Luck

Caeberos said:
Where did you get that beast? and you should paint it, for the first mod, it looks cool, but white? lol

Good Luck

This thing has been sitting dormant for over 2 years at myjob. They finallygave me the okay to take it home to the chop shop.

That is a great case for modding... soo much potential just like the YY Cube someone is woking on.

First thing is first though, it needs a slick paintjob.

Well, that is the hard part. I'm almost done with my revamped watercooled PC (pump arrives tomorrow), but I'm considering ditching it in favor of a water cooled PC with some Modding goodness. Pictures are throughout this thread:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227805

This will be my3rd water cooled PC, but I've never had the know how or time to really mod a case. I think it's time to change that. I have about 13 IE windows open right now from different sites on moding, sanding and other things I'll need to know.

SemiCycle said:

This case isn't being moved anywhere when it is done. Wayto big.

Er, you're kidding right? Hell, pop a 2-stroke in that thing and you can drive it to the LANs, lol.

First of all, peel off all those ugly stickers....there's no place for stickers on a monster like that....second, I would suggest a futuristic type theme.....maybe a nice high-gloss black or silver (I mean SILVER) paint job. Lots of LEDs.....Red and Blue come to mind.

Hrm.....with all those LEDs on the front right side, it'd be a shame to have them not work. Personally, I would make more LED holes and have the entire side a big string of LEDs. BUT that's not all. With that many LEDs, you would have to hook them up to a controller so you could have them do cool things. The possibilities are endless with that many LEDs....can't just leave them all boring and stuff.

As for a window or something....I'd say multiple small to medium sized windows....

Whatever you do, remember: this is a GIANT case. You HAVE to make it as gaudy as possible! Well, you don't HAVE to, but if you did at least it wouldn't be out of place.

....man, I want that case! lol.

edit:

OOOH! Another idea! You know how people have the under-case lighting, right? Well, you can get circuits that will make the lights pulse at a certain rate.....that would be so cool to have like some white 6" CCFLs under the case set to a pulsing circuit....I think they showed how to make or buy one at www.bit-tech.net ...you'd have to search for it though. But I do remember seeing one there.

AGH I want that case!!!!! There's so many things that I'd do to it, lol

Last edited:
paint it black blue silver and purple ( silver and purple are trim colors)

i had a vision that if you listen to me then you will have the world most uber case ( yeah right but it was worth a try)

If I were me and I had that case, I would stick a BAD *** watercooling system in it and then set up a mini ITX or FlexATX computer up in there as a file server/Game server and LAn with it or host lans...

and stick your router and a switch in there too.. along with a cable modem if you have cable... Though I think they have to be shielded pretty well...

See the filesever diea is goodsince it has enough room for that AND a big *** rad or 2.

CrashOveride said:
If I were me and I had that case, I would stick a BAD *** watercooling system in it and then set up a mini ITX or FlexATX computer up in there as a file server/Game server and LAn with it or host lans...

and stick your router and a switch in there too.. along with a cable modem if you have cable... Though I think they have to be shielded pretty well...

See the filesever diea is goodsince it has enough room for that AND a big *** rad or 2.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, that's a great idea! Use the hot-swap box to mount a mini-itx, or even a micro-atx, computer.....you have enough space, and a second PSU, lol.

Ah, so many mods for that case, so little time!

two words:
paint job
That thing would look great in black or silver

I like the water chiller idea. I think my water chiller might just fit in that case with some moddin.

DaveSauce said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, that's a great idea! Use the hot-swap box to mount a mini-itx, or even a micro-atx, computer.....you have enough space, and a second PSU, lol.

Ah, so many mods for that case, so little time!

adn the PSu for a miniITX system is so small you wouldnt even NEED to use the exta PSU space for that... unless you wanted to.

For a paint job I think this particualr one would look good in some REALLY well done flames on black. Like an old muscle car, Big, Heavy and bad ***.

I think the 2 computers in 1 box is a very sweet idea. Definitely origional. You have enough room for a WC'ed comp, a mini-itx and a ton of drives.

I second that motion...

Back