• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the future of performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok well as i see it

if you have a 2.0ghz proccessor, and a 3.0 ghz processor

in every application today for the most part

your not going to see a difference

i think hard-drive speed is going to be a bigger statistic now a days and in the future

i would much rather have dual raptors in raid - 0

than a slightly faster (yet much more expensive) processor
because the performance gains on the drives would be great, where the proccessor would be not so

and i think this is true for joe schmoe as well

what he would notice is how long it takes him to open up his email/browser

how do you get load times faster???

faster drives

--ok im done

what do you guys think?

Well the biggest bottleneck in a pc right now is the internet connection. We are so bottlenecked by our connection speeds we don't even know it. Imagine a world where your internet connection was as fast as connecting to a device on the PCI bus. Now imagine the type of stuff we could do with that ;)

For current or near term apps HD speed would be a great improvement though no doubt about it.

Deathknight said:
Well the biggest bottleneck in a pc right now is the internet connection. We are so bottlenecked by our connection speeds we don't even know it. Imagine a world where your internet connection was as fast as connecting to a device on the PCI bus. Now imagine the type of stuff we could do with that ;)

For current or near term apps HD speed would be a great improvement though no doubt about it.

lol how true

i thought i had fairly slow cable... 1.5/256 (i believe, the upload might be lower lol)

but i went to my friends house on his 56k

ouch!!

i couldnt stand going back to 56k

Yea, I went to my friends house, and we were messing around on his internet, eventually I said forget it and left his mac.

Back