• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k7d master-l temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sifu quoc

well, my new dually setup is done.... but my temps under load are high....

from what i read at 2cpu.com

they say that my temps are normal?!?!?!

here is the current stats

14*144 @1.6v
case: 39*C
cpu0: 59*C
cpu1: 62*C

quiet panaflos, sk7's, as3...

im jsut wondering how everyone elses on here are so low using the same setup as me....

14*144 @1.6v
case: 39*C
cpu0: 59*C
cpu1: 62*C

quiet panaflos, sk7's, as3...

im jsut wondering how everyone elses on here are so low using the same setup as me....

are your case temps actually 39C? or is this the motherboard temp?

when my case temp is 26-28C (and the room temps are 22-24C) then the cpu's are 44-47C and the motherboard is 31-32C....

thus IF my case temps were 11C higher then my cpu temps might be 58C....similar to your temps...

the hottest that my motherboard temp has ever gotten is 41C (when the room temp was 31C and the case temp was 35-36C)....and at that time the cpus were 55-57C...

Running 49, 51 and 30 degrees for the mobo... 15x133 @ stock volts.. on system in sig.

ambient temp is roughly 20 degrees.

Your motherboard temp seems pretty high. Maybe you need to work on your case cooling .. unless the ambient temperature is also high?

currently open case... but have fans blowing...

and yes, the room is hot.... my house is ghetto

That isn't an unusual case temp for that board, and those temps look like they are probably right, for an open case. Open cases aren't as good for airflow as a closed case, with proper airflow.

I'm currently running 49C, 50C and 36C average temps. My Vcore is only 1.40, though.

If you are running T-breds or Bartons at that Vcore, then those temps look about right.

What is your case airflow status? Why are you running open?

im currently running open because i thought my temps were too high... i kept making adjustments to the hsf etc...

im going to be buying a few 120mm fans soon too... trying to keep it quiet also....

i believe im currently at 14*150 = 2100mhz, @1.65v prime stable... but high temps... cant wait until winter... minnesota cold hehe

i think if my chips can handle this for over 24 hours... i'll change teh multiplier to 15, and play some more...

40, 41, 28. Voltage is 1.6v, but i'm not overclocked as of now. However, temps have stayed relatively the same whether or not I increase voltage (I haven't increased much), or overclock.

I'm using Slk-800's with generic blue uv fans.

-CPFitz-

~45, 52 for cpus (1.69vcore) and 39 for motherboard (case temp probably couple degrees less than mobo)

I have a big case and bad airflow (going to watercooling soon enough though)

just thought i'd report my scenario.

mine is crazy.... jsut got home.... my sister shut my door... so my room is HOT!!

checked mbm, heres waht it reports

case/mobo: 37*C (im not sure which it is...)
cpu0: 62*C
cpu1: 70*C

my voltage flucutated between 1.54V and 1.76V, avg 1.67V

running at 14*150 = 2100 mhz....

anyone have some quiet 120mm fans they'd like to sell?

think after i get to 24hours prime stable here, im going to kick up the multiplier...

sifu quoc said:
mine is crazy.... jsut got home.... my sister shut my door... so my room is HOT!!

checked mbm, heres waht it reports

case/mobo: 37*C (im not sure which it is...)
cpu0: 62*C
cpu1: 70*C

my voltage flucutated between 1.54V and 1.76V, avg 1.67V

running at 14*150 = 2100 mhz....

can you post (or put in your sig) your entire system specs...

that seems like a lot of voltage (cpu?) fluctuation...mine fluctuate between 1.63 and 1.71 (both cpus about the same) on one board that's been set to 1.65volts...

and on the other board, the cpu voltages fluctutate between 1.77 and 1.82 (both cpus about the same) on my other dual board that has been set to 1.8volts...

these are asus boards though...don't know what kind of fluctuation the k7d's experience (or even if the voltages reported are correct)...

also, are you using a very thin layer of AS3? my temps went down about 3-5C when i "thinned out" the layer of artic silver...it should be as thin as possible while still covering the chip...you can use a razor blade to scrape off the excess...

are your heat sinks on correctly?

what about the fans...are they pointed toward the heat sinks...blowing air into them?

after i put the hsf on... i twist a abit... hopefully that makes the as3 thin enough... but not tooo thin....

both fans blowing down onto the hs

after i put the hsf on... i twist a abit... hopefully that makes the as3 thin enough... but not tooo thin....

both fans blowing down onto the hs

oh, ok...

i think the "case" temp is the motherboard temp...

with those heat sinks and fans (i have same) you should be getting no more than 15C more than the motherboard temp with that voltage...

so something is not right...

twisting a bit probably just makes a mess...seriously, try to make the AS3 grease thinner...made a big difference for me...

do you have good air flow through the case?

you must have at least OK airflow since your mobo temp is only 35C

today my mobo temp got to 39C and then my chips were 52-54C...

are you on the same board?

cuz my as3 was on thin... i put only a dab of it on, and then spread it with a metal ruler.... its not see through though... its still a gray layer....

i did the same on my iwill tbird system.... and the temps there are good....

ive done it alot... and my temps didnt change.... so i was assuming that its the mobo....

ill read at 2cpu.com some more...

I don't know anything about the particular heatsink you are using, so i may be way off here, but after time some of my "cheap" heatsinks clips would start to wear out or put less pressure on the processor.

If thats the case you could replace the clip with a stronger one or bend it back more so that when you put it on the motherboard it puts more pressure onto the core. This helped temps with my heatsinks a bit.

On my main K7D rig, my Vcore fluctuates from 1.25 - 1.46, according to MBM, so this is normal for this board. It is set to 1.40 in the BIOS.

I don't think your case temp is too far off. My case temp averages 37C and I have good case airflow. It is probably just in a warm location on the board.

are you on the same board?

cuz my as3 was on thin... i put only a dab of it on, and then spread it with a metal ruler.... its not see through though... its still a gray layer....

i did the same on my iwill tbird system.... and the temps there are good....

ive done it alot... and my temps didnt change.... so i was assuming that its the mobo....

ill read at 2cpu.com some more...

my artic silver layer is not a gray layer...in fact it's barely visible at all...on my copper heat sink base i can easily see the "orange-red" color of the copper through the artic silver...

and on the cpu i can easily see the blue background of the chip's surface...

i just think your temps are too high for that motherboard temperature and those heat sinks...

with that speed, voltage, and those heat sinks and mobo temps i would expect temps no more than 15C over the mobo temp...50-52C on the chips...

right now my mobo is 34 and my chips are 47-49C....i am using the same heat sinks and 80mm panaflos...with 1.66volts and 2.1ghz speed (14x150)...everything the same as you...except the temps...

it's possible that either your and/or my motherboard's sensors are incorrect...

I don't think your case temp is too far off. My case temp averages 37C and I have good case airflow. It is probably just in a warm location on the board. [/B]

ok...but that still doesn't explain his high cpu temps...what temps would you expect on that board with the sk7's and panaflos with 2.1ghz and 1.65 volts?

i guess ill keep checking...

ill wipe off some as3 when i get home...

my default voltage is 1.45v, cuz i got some dltc chips...

my default voltage is 1.45v, cuz i got some dltc chips... [/B]

aren't they 1.5v? doesn't matter though, close enough...it also doesn't matter what the default voltage is...instead, it's only important what voltage you are running them...

anyway you're running them at 1.7v and 2.1ghz right?

those settings should yield cpu temps about 15-20C above the mobo temp at the max with those heat sinks and fans...

ive read taht mbm reads teh internal diode on these chips... does asus do the same???

my system is stable... but i dont like the temps.... must get it down... grrrrr

Back