• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2KPro Problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Purds

I finally got ambitious and attempted to network my laptop to my desktop and actually managed to pull it off...

however, there is one glitch that kinda makes it a moot point...

whenever I try to turn sharing on in my laptop, it does nothing...

I cant access many of the "right click" features (properties, sharing, etc...) when I try to click them...

I have gone through all of my security options and everything, and they all match up with my desktop, which I can access without issue from my laptop...

anyone have any ideas here?

I am beyond stumped and so is anyone else that I have talked to...

any input would be appreciated...

Big Purds

Do you have file and printer sharing installed on the laptop? You can go to your network properties page (right click on your network connection and select properties). If you don't see File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks listed, then click install, select service, add, and then select file and printer sharing. Select OK, and you'll probably prompted for your Windows CD.

If the above doesn't help, then you may get better help in the Internet, Networking, and Security section of this forum.

Back