• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pagefile Cleaning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Has anybody head of a program that will clear out unused data from the pagefile? There are programs which will search your RAM for useless chunks of data (MemTurbo, ect.), but I can't seem to find any for the pagefile.

JigPu

I believe this is about the best you could do with the Pagefile.

56. Are you using an computer that is accessed by more than one ? Secure your privacy by cleaning pagefile.

I read about this tweak a long time ago and even found out couple of ways of achieving the same results but wasn't sure of the importance. But you know what, there is reason for everything. Assume your are working on computer where you don't really own the computer or is shared with someone else. Do you want maintain privacy and avoid other know what you were doing etc. Then this tweak may be of interest to you. Go to Control panel Administrative tools, local security policy. Then goto local policies ---> security options.Then change the option for "Shutdown: Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile"

Taken from this site:http://www.xptuneup.com/tip0075.htm

Hope this helps:)

Al

Sorry, not really :( My computer seems to have a small memory leak somewhere that eats up my pagefile. After a day of running, killing each running program (up to what would be loaded on startup) puts me about 30-40MB more of used memory. Rebooting puts me right back at the correct memory level.

It's not a very serious problem (only me being nit-picky about downtime :D), but I was wondering if there might be a way to counteract it.

JigPu

Last edited:
Any english versions of that program available? It's got funky text when I try to install and run it, and I can't understand what I'm clicking....

I've tried two memory optimizing programs already (MEMTurbo and RAMOptimizer), and both basically go through my physical RAM looking for useless data and removing it. Then they'll page stuff off to the disk, and finally defrag the RAM. This frees up aditional RAM for me, but they never touch the pagefile where my leak is eating away (free RAM does not significantly decrease over time, only free pagefile space).

So a memory manager that would look through my pagefile also is what I'm looking for. There has to be something, but I can't seem to find it!
JigPu

Back