• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New member just joined - me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!!

The next mission for ya is to see how many computers you can recruit to also fold :) (For further details, ask Nikhsub1, or Wedo, the masters of Borging, as it is named)

Welcome :)

If you have any questions about folding you just have to ask :)

Well...

Rig 1:
XP1700+ @ 2.225 - 1.60V
SK-7 w/SF2
A7N8X Deluxe r2.0
9500n/p o/c to 9800
1 gig HyperX pc2700 (moves between two machines until I can get more memory
various other parts

Rig 2 - offline
XP 2500+ (water cooling project being assembled)
Abit NF-7
no memory right now
ATI 7500 vid card

I have some others, but they are slow and are off and on. Will get more once I get this clustering thing figured out :)

Last edited:
Robbie said:
So who's ship did you jump from and why?!
Rob

used to be in the SETI team for my university. Just got into the top 10 with around 900 units. I was off and on for about 5 years. But then one guy joined my team with 7000 units. Figured I would never get to the top of that list and I wasn't happy with my stats from being offline so much.

So I decided to do something more useful.

I have some others, but they are slow and are off and on. Will get more once I get this clustering thing figured out

Those two rigs are a nice start. As for the other rigs, how slow is slow? Stanford benchmarks and bases the deadlines on their WUs with a celeron 500. If you have machines faster than that, it is worth having them fold. I have a BP6 dual 550 celeron and a few p3 650s folding 24/7 and they make their deadlines fine.

Regardless, welcome to the fold!

PS FYI, if you feel like donating your SETI units to the overclockers SETI team, you can. A few of us recently donated a lot of units and gave them a boost.

don't know if I can do that. You see I have been folding under an old email address from my college and I don't have the password for it anymore. So I can't make any changes. Looks like those WU's are lost. Oh well.

I do have a BH6 with a celeron lying around, but I am getting ready to sell the motherboard to someone here in the forums.

By the way - my water cooling rig is doing its burn in right now!! I hope nothing leaks. I really tried to use some of the good and bad layouts I have seen from this forum to design my setup. I think I have almost no head loss due to cabling problems. I am so stoked!! Wish I had a digital camera, I would take a picture. One of these days I know I will get one, but I just can't seem to make myself buy one lol.

Welcome to team 32 :D

I pick someone ( usually smack talkers ) and fold for them fo a while , I dont know how long , it is no set amount . I change on a whim , and you haver been chosen , its not much just 3 gig , but its all yours for a while
Welcome to our home , unless you got stinky feet , take off your shoes and stay a while.

Back