• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powercolor 9800SE bios mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kc428

Registered
I got a 9800se upgrade on a dell system for "work". For a hundred bucks i couldent turn it down... Especially since it is for "work". I already got a visiontek 9800pro which works wonders compared to my 4600 of the day. I was wondering if there is any chance that i can softmod it or something. According to the part number its a powercolor which i dont know jack about and i know that the 9800se is the worse of them all. It gets almost 17k on 3dmark2001 so its no biggie if not and i rather not destroy the card in the process. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks, you guys rock.

Try

here

Regards,

GJC

Use with caution - if the softmod works for you then an increase of around 2000 in 3dmark 2003 is what to expect. Giving scores ranging between 5000 and 7000 depending on CPU, RAM etc.

Try www.omegacorner.com, their drivers give the option to softmod your card. Its not permanent, and all you need to do to undo the mod is uninstall the drivers. There is no chance of hurting your card this way.

Back