• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are my speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xeeozees

I was a little disappointed at some initial benchies, but I realised the little 4 pin P4 power adapter was disconnected from my mobo it seems to have made a difference.

atto.gif

I had a whole bunch of trouble getting this running, but Sandra's scores seem better and at other times worse.

I think my stripe size is 16k with NTFS clustersize at 4k. Is there any need to change my stripe and cluster size?

PCI Latency is at 128 at the moment.

Any comments appreciated.

Those scores look good to me, but I always test with Direct I/O set to neither, so it's almost similar to what I test with. You will probably see an increase if you went to 16KB clusters as well, which would be good for OS and apps use, 32 or 64KB for larger files for video editing would be best for that use. You would need a program like Partition Magic to do that though....... Have you also defragged your drives? Be a good idea.

Back