• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody ever ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thorilan

got a ThermalRight SLK-800A OR a
ThermalRight SLK-900A
and put a shroud on it to fit a larger fan like a 120mm aluminum fan yet?
i kinda want to do this but i would need to see it up close

I have thought of the idea, but my constraint was mainly space. Im not sure if it would improve performance or not, proabably just lower Db for sound.

Ive seen lost of people use a 92mm fan on a slk-800 all they do is turn the fan through 45 degrees then hook the clips over the corners of the fan

maybe you could do something like this?

well the 900 has support for a 92 already but i want to see about using a shroud and 120 that will be volt modded . so basicaly im asking if its possible to get a shroud on there by using normal screws for a fan if someone had a really large closeup of a 800a or 900a at the top so i could see how i would mount the shroud that would really help

Definitely shroud it due to the large dead spot in the center. Maybe you could gut out a 92mm fan so that just the frame is left and rig up a duct to that since the 800 and 900 have support for the 92.

Back