• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500 pro or 9600 pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korangar

Registered
What video card would you reccomend? I am getting it b/c my All in Wonder 8500dv can't handle the resolutions and fps' i want. I read around, and i saw that most people said to go for the 9500 pro b/c it is faster, and others said the 9600 pro b/c it can overclock better (and it has new dx 9 optimizations?) I don't really want to overclock too much, with either one, but i would like the best performance for Half Life 2. Thanks.

I think for the money the 9600 pro is better. It can be had for about 50 less then the 9500 pro.

If your not going to overclock the 9500 pro will def. be faster.

Oh, k, thanks...actually, has anyone ever had one of the 9600 pros fry on them with the stock heatsink? If so, what temp was that at?

9500 pro all the way, even with it O/C'd. Yes its true that the 9600pro clock higher than the 9500pro. But MHz for MHz, the 9500 is still better.

Back