• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deluxe BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mito

What's the difference between the Über bios and the normal one?
I'm currently using bios 1003, should I upgrade to 1005? I do not intend to overclock and my system is so far very very stable. But I'm interested in improving performance a bit if possible.

IMHO if you want to improve performance OC a little bit. If you have found a very very stable bios for your configuration that is a thing that you probably don't want to mess with. I think tweaks and OC is the better route to performance. Too many bios revs end up causing new issues as they fix old ones. Ofc you could try out the new one and then go back to the old...

Thanks.
Is there a specific link that details the differences between those versions?

the Uber bios are a set of bios not created by asus but by an individual that opens hidden features and also adds his own for ocing and the likes but uber bios are not at all gauranteed, use at you own risk. But hey the guy is good you gotta hand it to him for these for all the OCers out there.

Back