• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linux clustering project, a little confused

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireball****aka fireball_87

over the past few weeks me and some freinds have been working on seting up a mosix based cluster. ive done a simple one before, but never actualy done most of the configuration, and its my first time working with mosix. ive read the man page and severl articals and how to's but they all leave big holes in severl topics. there seems to be manny diffrent ways of makeing the boot floppys and setting up the network/nfs config for the nodes. can anyone help me or point me to some documentation on this?

-grant

I suggest going to knoppix.net. There are some custom versions of knoppix that are setup to be clusters. Debain too for that matter... And it all works off of bootable CD's or is installable to a hdd in only a few minutes. In this way you can expand or shrink a cluster very easily and the mosix stuff will just start communicating with newly added nodes and work them in to the work load... it's really cool stuff and www.knoppix.net has some nice discussion about it as well as links to other sites or to download iso's.

Clump OS is another alternative similar to knoppix - just boot from the cd and you have another node up.

Back