• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB / Bus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
As far as I understand this:

The Bus is 100 or 133MHz for TBirds and Durons and the PCI and AGP dividers are applied to the Bus

The FSB for the same processers are 200 and 266MHz

What Is the difference between FSB and Bus speeds

Thanks

well your PCI slots are 33Mhz
AGP is 66Mhz
100mhz fsb with have a 1/3 divider to give 33Mhz PCI
133mhz fsb with have a 1/4 divider to give 33Mhz PCI

if you overclock to lets say 150 then you are using a 1/4 divider and the PCI bus is at 150/4 or 37.5. hope this clears things up.

thanks, but I meant what is the difference between the terminology of FSB and Bus. eg

A FSB is ...
A Bus is ...

Thanks anyways, but I think you misunderstood

nelly (May 22, 2001 08:29 a.m.):
thanks, but I meant what is the difference between the terminology of FSB and Bus. eg

A FSB is ...
A Bus is ...

Thanks anyways, but I think you misunderstood
They are the same thing. The FSB (Front Side Bus) and Bus refer to the clock speed at which your computer derives it's operating frequencies. The Athlon processors double this frequency internally so if your running a 100 FSB the chip will be running at 200 and 133 FSB = 266 for the chip. And, of course, the rest of the system runs at a fraction of that Bus speed.

Back