• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

usb problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

I have this problem with my usb pedals and wheel. When I use only the pedals or wheel they work fine, but every time I turn the wheel the gas pedal comes up. It's quite annoying trying to drive a rally game where you are turning almost all the time, and the car stalls...

ch products flight sim yoke
ch products pro pedals
nf7 rev. 2 motherboard

I emailed the company, and they said there's some problem with the nforce2 usb in general, and sent me a few links to people complaining about problems with diferant usb products and the nforce2 chipset. Is it possible that the nforce2 usb only works through one port at a time, and so the pedals will allways cut off when I do anything with a device plugged into the other port?

Just a guess here, but I'd think it's more likely that the company used the same chip in each device, and windoze has problems talking to both simultaneously, because it sees the port signal inputs as coming from the same device.
You could try plugging them into different ports (further away from each other) as some boards use more than one USB controler chip, separating them might put them on different controllers. windoze could tell them apart more easily.

Like I said, just a guess, but it's free to try!

So I should plug in the extra usb bracket that came with the board and test putting one of them on that? I guess it's worth a try atleast, thanks!

Anyone heard of usb problems in the nf2 chipset?

Back