• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC celeron 1.3ghz tualatin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

I just want to know if there is a way to overclock a little this one on a laptop. I say little, because I don't want it to heat a lot you know!:D

The problem is that there is no option in the bios for the fsb. I also tried cpufsb, but did not found the MB in the list.

BTW the mb is KAPOK SIS 630S

Thanks!

Yes. only if you got super lucky chip

You need to open your laptop and see the processor. If the processor can be removed, then you can try the method below.

Cover BSEL1 to simulate 133FSB.

Increase chip's default voltage by either covering (1= no contact to mobo) or connecting (0= contact) VID pins. You need P3 manual and Celeron Tualatin manual and read carefully.

Only if you got lucky, you could run your processor 133 x 13 = 1733MHz !!! you could try but the probability is very slim, and heat will be another problem too.

i dont recomend messing with laptops.
Upping the Vcore and Mhz will only cause the battery to die faster, and incress the heat in a already hot area.
Not to mention completly VOID the entire laptop warent.
And overclocking laptops does have a HIGH RISK with it due to heat and such.
They are just better left alone

Back