• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dredd vs Death Pre-release Demo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkny1055

Dredd vs Death Pre-release Demo
http://www.gamershell.com/news_BDreddvsDeathBPre-releas.shtml

A playable demo for Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death, previously available on PC Zone UK's cover disk, is now available for download, allowing you to try out this upcoming FPS by Rebellion. This pre-release/beta demo includes Story Chapter 3 and Arcade Modes "Zombie Headshot Apocalypse" and "Riot". The game will be released on October 17th on PC, PS2 and Xbox.
well this game is pretty hyped i think , though not sure why ;P anyhow here's a chance to try it

I loved this demo, had alot of cool features, i alsop noted that coop will be included in the fill release, this for me is a big sellling point, the game played well, controls were different, but easy to pickup. My only qualm wiht the demo, and many that have come out lately is the inability to max the graphics out, i would think that they would want to to look as good as it possibly can. Just me, demos great i may buy the game, I like the ability to arrest criminals, it gives the game a more realistic feel. Sound was nice too, the demo is definatly worth a look.

-SSXIX

I downloaded this and thought that it did a good job capturing the feel of the comic book Judge Dread (not the pile of crap the movie was). The demo is pretty short but i enjoyed it. Arresting people and shooting weapons out of thier hands was pretty fun. The music, sounds and the graphics were pretty nice. Nothing extrodinary, but i found it very enjoyable.

The only thing that got on my nerves was the rain. It was a little hard to see because the rain was too thick and actually looked forward to getting inside shelter, hehe.

The arcade version was cool. Shooting a crapload of zombies while a crapload more come after you, but i found it way to short and it was over in about 5 minutes.

Nothing new with this game, but if you like Judge Dread comics, i think you will like this game. I really liked how the cars would fly around if you looked up and the tram system ran about as you were moving through the mission. However, the demo is pretty short and i couldn't really tell if this game would get any better, harder or what, but worth the download if you wanna just check it out, imo.

Back