• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sensitive computer?....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

for some reason my comp became really sensitive to vibration all of a sudden. i would close the door on my comp a little harder then normal and it would freeze, or i would drop a book on my desk and it would freeze. i dont understand, cause ive never had this problem before.

perhaps your obo standoffs aren't on tight? I would go check all the screws/connections.

yeah i will do that once i find the time

i was thinking would the computer freeze if i made the harddrive skip by banging on the table or whatever?

i was thinking abt the hd too... cuz my brother's laptop had a similar problem, when he banged the table, his laptop got a blue screen or had some sort of problem. But i guess its working fine now.... so i'm not too sure

i'm sure it's the HD....i can't imanine what else it would be. It MIGHT be a loose power cable, but that would probably cause it to shut off rather than freeze.

don't happen to have another HD to test in there, do ya?

Anyway, I would just go in and make sure all of your connections are sure....power, IDE, memory, etc.

i don't think its the hd... i have laptops at my school and many students mistreat them...:rolleyes: and the laptops don't bluescreen or get errors. Also i just tried hitting the table on computer im using now... and nothing happened. i don't think something small like dropping a book should do anything.

I would go with a loose component: open it up and reseat everything.

I would think (hope?) that a hard drive failing to that point would show errors in other ways as well- have you checked for disk errors recently?

It's not likely to be the HD. They can stand quite a bit of shock before puking. rogerdugans has the right idea.

it was the ram that was going wrong: the vibrations had worse effects until the comp wouldn't post anymore so i reseated ram and videocard and all is well. thanks

Back