• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Cheap Pumps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sn0rKy

the cheap pumps.. are..
via aqua 1300
370 GPH
Max Head Of 6'
Wattage 31.5

Via aqua the 306
526 GPH
Max Head Of 6'
Wattage 35

Maxi-Jet 1200
295 gph
Max Head Of i think .... 4ft? correct me if im wrong.
Wattage 20w?

so the question iss...
which one should i get?
running
pump-->rad--->cpu------>gpu----> pump or water tank

I'd get one of these. I like it a lot better than the Maxi-jet 1200. Its far quieter and runs cooler. I can't say anything about the Via aquas, but I've heard that they're on the loud side. Spec-wise, though, the Quiet ones are still superior to all else in their price range.

Hello i won't say anything for the pumps because i use one from a track (very chip and strong) and i don't know the characteristics of the wellknown brands. I will just suggest you this system:
pump- cpu-gpu-radiator- w/tank-pump
because the water that is came from the pump has more velocity than the radiator. the heat from the pump isn't as important as the velocity :)

um.. think u got the wrong wattage dude
viaaqua 1300 is 20watts
maxijet 1200 is 21.5.. or 20 watt somewhere along that line.
only get via aqua if u're running submergible from your watertank
my friend and i got viaaquas 1300, both died at about the same time
then i got a maxijet900 and he got a maxijet1200. happy ever since. A LOT more quiet, not as hot, ect ect ect.
if you're not using a lot of tubing and all tubing is within like a foot or foot and a half from the pump, i would recommend the 900 because it uses 10 watts.. less heats

Gautam said:
I'd get one of these. I like it a lot better than the Maxi-jet 1200. Its far quieter and runs cooler. I can't say anything about the Via aquas, but I've heard that they're on the loud side. Spec-wise, though, the Quiet ones are still superior to all else in their price range.

My Quiet One 1200 will be here tomorrow, so I will report back. :)

Self

If via aqua 1300 is only 21.5 Watts it's worth thinking about, in other case I'd look at 306 or...
Get submersible fountain pump - usually they're cheaper comparing to efficiency than aquarium pumps. The problem is that they really need to be submeresed and usually are more noisy. Other thing - container for pump can be good accoustic insulation. (here 3 metres <measured over 3.5> / 2000LPH pump for about $30 - it will be like 11-12ft, 530 US GPH)

apomak88 said:
Hello i won't say anything for the pumps because i use one from a track (very chip and strong) and i don't know the characteristics of the wellknown brands. I will just suggest you this system:
pump- cpu-gpu-radiator- w/tank-pump
because the water that is came from the pump has more velocity than the radiator. the heat from the pump isn't as important as the velocity :)

The velocity of water in the systme is the same all through out. if you look at the in and out tubes at the pump, the diameter is the same, so the speed must be the same for the equal amount of water to enter the pump and exit the pump

Back