• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EIDE to Sata connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarlax

Is there a connector that will allow you to hook up EIDE drives (say a 80gig 7200 8meg cache drive) to a sata controller?

Why I am asking is I am wondering if I can hook to Maxtor 80 gig drives up to a P4P800 non-Deluxe board if I use connectors and still take advantage of raid 0?

Thanks!

Sure is a converter. Abit bundles them with their 845PE boards on up, they call them the 'Abit Serriel' for some odd reason... Anyways, heres a link to one, found off of froogle.google.com

Simple search for "IDE to SATA Converter" yields tons of hits.

You're not Jarlax from the Homelan UO shard, are ya? ;)

Last edited:
How does performance stack up? I mean I know that a converter will not let a EIDE drive perform like a SATA, but how does two converted EIDE drives running on a sata raid controller stack up to EIDE drives running on a EIDE raid controller?

Anyone have any performance comparisons? I am assuming they would be pretty close and most important it would still be faster than a single drive ;)

Last edited:
I don't have comparisons to show, but I lost like 25% of my HDD score in PCMark going from IDE to the Serillel adapater for the SATA controller.

Ouch tuskenraider! That is a pretty big drop in score. Sounds like it would be cheaper and more efficient to just get a EIDE raid controller card I guess. I was just thinking of making use of the SATA raid that came with the MB.

Thanks for the input!

Back