• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmark program recommendation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermodynamic

Hi again! Now that I'm running 1.333Ghz and juicy cool as well, I want to see how this thing compares to a Intel P-III/P-IV at comparative speeds - just to get some values to show friends and prospective clients...

Thx!

if you have an amazing GeForce card i.e. GeForce 2 or Ultra or even a GeForce 3, get 3dMark 2001 ...if you have a crap 3d card...well......not crap, but more than say, 2 years old, get 3dmark 2000....these are standars, and no matter what, these will make your computer weep as it pumps out all it can. Ive also tried a prog called Final Reality...not as good, but its smaller to download......as opposed to others...i dunno...cos i think these examples mainly test 3d graphics performance...but they give you FPS etc....you get an overall score at the end and you can compare on a huge online database...anyway, enjoy!

You can pretty much run anything other than Quake, and those synthetic web tests..if you want to show off the Athlon's strength vs. the P4..clockspeed for clockspeed, the T-bird isn't faster in some benchmarks than the P3.

Sandra, and some of the benching programs here are a good place to start.

Tim Wilkens' Science Mark is a good barrage of tests.

Happy Benching,

T

Thermodynamic (May 26, 2001 03:43 p.m.):
Hi again! Now that I'm running 1.333Ghz and juicy cool as well, I want to see how this thing compares to a Intel P-III/P-IV at comparative speeds - just to get some values to show friends and prospective clients...

Thx!

Well I like Seti@Home it is run buy a ton of different setups and the overclockers team is alwalys looking for new members

Back