Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs
Forum Jump

Everything about the Palimino!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-26-01, 04:48 PM Thread Starter   #1
wildone

Everything about the Palimino!

Here is something you can check in on that I thought was really interesting,it has everything about the new chip.I found out some stuff about it that I did'nt know such as more or less it will have a themometer built right in so we wont have to worry if our readings are correct anymore
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1469
Wildone

Sometimes what happens to you in life makes life hard to live,sometimes what you do in life make it hard also,then sometimes they both combine to make it unbearable.
wildone is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-01, 04:52 PM   #2
mrpcman

plus we'll know when we're about to fry the cpu.
mrpcman is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-01, 04:55 PM Thread Starter   #3
wildone

Quote:
mrpcman (May 26, 2001 04:52 p.m.):
plus we'll know when we're about to fry the cpu.
You are exactly right,they also said they would be able to impliment power down features for when it got to hot so more or less if you left your PC and the fan died it would fend for itself! LOL
Wildone

Sometimes what happens to you in life makes life hard to live,sometimes what you do in life make it hard also,then sometimes they both combine to make it unbearable.
wildone is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-26-01, 05:56 PM   #4
Megahurtz

I'm maintaining a 'wait and see' posture with regards to how any sort of 'thermal management' is implemented. So many people were so very wrong about Palomino's feature set that I'm not even going to speculate as to how AMD is going to utilize this new feature.

T
Megahurtz is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs