• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cheap 478 heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Howie

Registered
My dad bought a Celeron 2.4 ghz (ewww) with a motherboard at fry's for 59.99 a while back and now he needs a heatsink for it. He wants something cheap (<$15 shipped) that will just keep the computer stable. He won't be overclocking and he won't be gaming either. Any suggestions?

He could buy a Intel Stock heatsink on Ebay for about $5 or here for $6.99 since he won't be overclocking it. (The Intel Stock heatsink is fairly quiet and made to last)

Nexfan has a bunch of cheapo heatsinks for socket 478, just get something thats not to loud (over 32dba is loud to me but thats my opinion)

Silversinksam said:
He could buy a Intel Stock heatsink on Ebay for about $5 or here for $6.99 since he won't be overclocking it. (The Intel Stock heatsink is fairly quiet and made to last)

Nexfan has a bunch of cheapo heatsinks for socket 478, just get something thats not to loud (over 32dba is loud to me but thats my opinion)

Thanks SSS, he went with the stock heatsink. :)

That is the FIRST time I have ever seen someone say how loud the P4 stock cooler is. Damn its pretty loud...

The stock cooler, however, does have a temperature control built in that controls the speed of the fan. The hotter the processor is, the faster (and louder) the fan will get.

Back