• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about a shuttle system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConquereR

I was browsing the net today and just happen to go to Falcon's website (www.falcon-nw.com). I was looking at their "FragBox" and it caught my interest enough to where i might want to build my own shuttle system. I do not know anything about these compact shuttle systems. What components are needed to complete one? I know the MAIN parts as in mobo, ram, cpu, etc. But what EXACTLY are the top performing parts out for shuttle systems? I dont do much LAN'ing but i figured it might be a fun project if i do decide to do it.

Check It.

Maybe wait till these babys get refined or till the NF3 comes to this factor, but think of these systems as just Small, the only thing I would worry about is heat, and would stay away from some major heat producing HDD's or Graphic Cards, unless you would like to slap a tornato in to it. Also you will not be able to put on of those double slot AGP cards in there because there is just a few mm between the side case and a regular GPU-HSF. Anyway I have been looking into my next system being one of these. They look cool and are nice a small. :)

There are a few articles on the main page. Some guy did one, and tweaked it very well. I think it would be a fun project, and if I had the money I would deffinatly do one too. Probably 1 gig stick of ram, a 9800pro (small PSU), fast cpu... Thats about it I think for performance, because heat will be a huge issue.

Mr. $T$ said:
Check It.

Maybe wait till these babys get refined or till the NF3 comes to this factor, but think of these systems as just Small, the only thing I would worry about is heat, and would stay away from some major heat producing HDD's or Graphic Cards, unless you would like to slap a tornato in to it. Also you will not be able to put on of those double slot AGP cards in there because there is just a few mm between the side case and a regular GPU-HSF. Anyway I have been looking into my next system being one of these. They look cool and are nice a small. :)

Very nice article. Is that out for purchase yet? If so, how much is it and can you gimme a link?

Back