• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABS piping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil_Eye

I'm making a new res and I'm thinking of making one from ABS pipe. However, I'm concerned mainly with the leeching of the materiel into my water supply and the chemical resistance of the glue that is used for sealing joints. I am going to be using a fairly strong mix of various coolants (comprised mainly of alcohol-based products) and chemical resistence is a must for my res to function well.

abs and pvc pipes are food safe, so they should not leach out anything, I had an abs res for about a year, went to s different pvc design, and i never noticed a leaching affect, even though i ran tap water with ~15% anti frezze in my setup.

my rig i'm running right now has a 1.5 ft 3"dia chunk of pvc for a res, and it mounted sideways, so it traps the air, and every thing, and if you fill your loop up real good, you hear nothing!

all in all, i've had no problems

Back