• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Service install on a dualie?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
select CUSTOM install
ignore all fields EXCEPT the machine ID field, put 2 for machine ID
let it install.
Go to start > run > services.msc
you should now see 2 FAH services, fah and fah2
right click FAH 2 and choose STOP
go to your first instance and copy the config file
go to your second instance folder that you just installed
paste the config file there
open config file and only change the machine ID from 1 to 2
go to start > run > regedit
hkey local machine > system > current control set > services > FAH2 > AppParameters
paste this in the key: -service -advmethods -forceasm
go back to services and start the service.

Happy 2 instance folding!

Also I just noticed that there are two config files in the one-click install... I have never edited the second one inside the FAH directory but all my boxes seem to be reporting alright, what's with that?

rommelrommel said:
Also I just noticed that there are two config files in the one-click install... I have never edited the second one inside the FAH directory but all my boxes seem to be reporting alright, what's with that?
edit them both
you wont be able to use the one click for a second install you must use THIS and follow my instructions above.

I just took the original service install kit from Wedo and duplicated the folder and named one CPU_0 and the other CPU_1. I edited the configs in both to reflect myself and team 32 but one is machine 1 and the other is machine 2 in the configs. The CPU_0 FAH.reg has the flags I want to run under and CPU_1 is identical exept it's named FAH2.reg

Worked great on my duallie. It should also work on a single HT P4 as well.

I've made this as my install kit so I can borg various machines as needed including duallies. I also have forced SSE and non forced CPU flag options in differant folders as needed so I don't have to edit anything prior to installing.

It's a multi click install but there's no risk of feeding that 'One Click' folding monster that just over ran my position.

Last edited:
Back