• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU usage under Win2k always 100% ?!??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciacomix

Registered
Hiya all !

Sorry, again it s me...seems to be since i got this new CPU, i ve got more problems :-(

All is running fine here, but when i take a look to the Win2k taskmanager, the CPU usage is ALWAYS 100%, directly after system-startup too. I mean, system is not slow or so, all is running normal, but that can t be normal , or ???

Here`s my configuration:

- Athlon C 1,333
- 320MB PC 133 Ram
- Asus A7V133
- Win2k with SP2

Any ideas about that ?

THX and greetings,

Ciacomix

are you using a cooling program like rain or a distributed computing project like seti, distributed.net etc? both of those types of programs take any free cpu cycles and would cause the always 100% usage

Big Mike (May 30, 2001 07:25 a.m.):
are you using a cooling program like rain or a distributed computing project like seti, distributed.net etc? both of those types of programs take any free cpu cycles and would cause the always 100% usage

Hi Mike,

yes, i m using CPUCool to display the temp and it did some (good) cooling...so that means that this is normal but the system is running with full performance ???

Greetings
Ciaco

cpu cool will give you a report of 100% performance. just uninstall it and watch. also you really do not need this with w2k. try without and see, you might even see temps down, additionally these programs only work well at low stress, which any half-decent cooler handles well.

tester (May 30, 2001 09:19 p.m.):
cpu cool will give you a report of 100% performance. just uninstall it and watch. also you really do not need this with w2k. try without and see, you might even see temps down, additionally these programs only work well at low stress, which any half-decent cooler handles well.

Allright, THX, i ll check that

Dude, I heard some AMD boffin decided it was a good idea to keep cpu workin at all times, for the technically challenged reason that if a cpu's core is kept near same temp, it wont suffer as much from the consequences of rapidly cooling and heating of metal... (ie longer lifespan)
Hope this shed some light on the subject...

Back