• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your thought on this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

witty

Registered
ok folks,
i thought i did finish with my dually, but last night i tried to raise the multiplier to 16. can't get the darn thing to run prime95 stable at 1.6v. the machine seems to be running stable at 1.65v, but my temp went up to 58, 63, 34. if i change multi. back to 15, i think i could manage to get the temp to sub 60. for now 63 is ok with me. i'm worry about when a summer time comes again and dust on the heatsinks build up, the temp may rise significantly. do you think if i do a burn in process will help aid in lower the vcore? or should i just change my multi. back to 15?
thank you :)

You can try burning in and see if that helps.

Lower the FSB jumper to 100, then raise Vcore as much as possible, while keeping your temps in control, then run two instances of Prime95 for a few days.

After that, try 16 x 133 again and see if you can go stable with a little less Vcore. Chances are it won't make much of a difference, if any, but it is worth a shot.

I'm second to that, also to me i think PSU is very important in overclocking. Always make sure you have a decent PSU otherwise you will end up blaming CPUs, Mobos, Ram etc..

I'm looking to upgrade to that 120mm fan 350w Fortron, better ventilated case and a 2500 Barton for my Abit NF7-S rig. Hopefully that will help me break the 2300 barrier. My present PSU seems to supply enough power but the voltage regulation seems to be suspect.

There're so many factors that affect an OC. It's not always just one thing but an interaction of several parameters, that by themselves don't seem that bad, but together prevent an uber OC. SMP is just another one.

change vcore to 1.725 running 16x100 temp is 57, 61, 35. probably going to let it work on two prime95 for a day or so. if i can't get 16x133 at around 1.6 - 1.625, then probably going to back multi. down to 15 and work on quiet the fans. those 120mm fans are a bit too loud. (still not as bad as my other rigs though.) ;)

well well, i guess 15 multi. is the sweet spot for me. 16 is way too hot to handle. at 15x133 1.475vcore, prime95 failed after a few hours. i am now running at 1.525 with both fans at 5v, and without the shipset fan. after running 2 instances of prime95 and 3dmark2001 for a few hours, my temps are 60, 64, 45 (my room temp is pretty warm.) gotto love it, the box is extremely quiet. i'm sitting about 3 feet away from it, and i could hardly hear any noises. :)

yup :) i'm using sk-7 heatsinks. my setup is pretty much follow the cmcquistion's sticky on how to build amd dully.

Back