• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyoard won't install???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

I just updated to DX9b and upon completion I got an error that my Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse will not install. The exact error is "Windows cannot load the installer for keyboard. contact your vendor for instructions." Anybody heard anything like this happening and have a fix? I downloaded the latest drivers but the program won't run to completion and I get a never ending cycle of the installer window followed by the above error message.
The hardware works, but the functions of all the bells and whistles are gone. Help!

Did that. still won't let the drivers install. also won't 'wake up' from mouse or keyboard input. It appears that all functions that were programed still operate, but I can't access the software to change or modify the settings. Plus, if I try to uninstall to reinstall, I get the same error.

BUMP!

Here's the latest. Maybe this should be posted under Windows OS- the mouse and keyboard are both active under 'USB devices' and load and work, however, under 'mouse' and 'keyboard' they are listed as "unidentified" and will not load. I went Logitech's site and followed their directions, deleting *tmp and *chk files, etc. and still won't load. I still can't access the utility programs for setting options and every time the computer reboots or comes out of standby I get the same message. It will however recognise and come out of standby with either item. How can i clear up this annoyance? There's a conflict in here somewhere.:(

I had this problem after I decided to dump the crappy wireless mouse and go back to my Intellimouse Optical.

I finally put the USB to PS/2 adaptor on the keyboard and it works now. Weird though. Maybe that's why all these keyboards were given away free? :eh?:

If it's really important to you, I might try reinstalling windows. :cry:

OH and use the drivers from their website, not the crappy ones that come with it.

Yeah, that's probably the only way out. Though I think I'm gonna wait till I finish overclocking her, then I'll back her off and reinstall. Thanks anyhoo-:(

Back