• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to build a cheap form factor computer. please help me out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

hi i need help with the following. I want to build an athlon xp based form factor size system(really small ones). I need to know what is:

the best form factor compatible athlon xp mainboard(preferably nforce 2)

do they make form factor cases that can hold regular size video cards, like a 9800 pro?

if not, what is the best card that will fit in a form factor case?

and can you guys point me to a few form factor cases? (preferably newegg.com)

thanks in advance!

cool ill have to look into that, about the other question, will regular video cards fit in a form factor system?

dguy6789 said:
hi i need help with the following. I want to build an athlon xp based form factor size system(really small ones). I need to know what is:

the best form factor compatible athlon xp mainboard(preferably nforce 2)

do they make form factor cases that can hold regular size video cards, like a 9800 pro?

if not, what is the best card that will fit in a form factor case?

and can you guys point me to a few form factor cases? (preferably newegg.com)

thanks in advance!

Just to clear things up, you need to refer to it as SMALL form factor. Form factor refers to all sizes - microATX, ATX, AT, ITX, and whatever else is out there.

cool, so that shuttle case comes with a mainboard built in? And where can i get one of these case/mainboard combos? i dont see a place to get it anywhere on that site.

newegg.com has the shuttle sff barebones systems. An yes they can fit a full size video card

beware that the newer nvidia cards (5800, 5900) will NOT fit because their coolers are too tall. the agp slots are right next to the side panel and only a 1 pci thickness card can fit.

some 5900s will fit (such as chaintechs and albatrons) they only use one slot. they also are much better with custom cooling. but i would still go with 9800 since nvidia screwed up bad and dx9 games with ps2.0 run like crap on nvidia

Back