• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hosed windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I tried a couple of new CPU's in a test box and I think my windows got hosed. Folding will get stuck on the initial benchmark. It matters not whether I run it as a service or manually or use optional flags or not. It hangs every time.

At first I suspected my cheap PSU (4.86v on 5v rail), but prime95 runs just fine. And this problem is independent of overclocking. I flashed to a newer bios anyway on my A7N8X...

I determined the problem has to be in windows because I can boot an Overclockix CD and fold just fine in Linux and with gromacs/SSE flags.

Reinstalling.......

For a second I was starting to think my brand new 2400+ was buggy or that my motherboard was on its way out. Hopefully a new install will fix things.

Ok, windows is not to blame. My little 2GB hdd must be going. The reinstall did not cure the problem. Luckily I have another 2Gb hdd in reserve...

Back