• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need to buy stock cooler from a nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EZ Tutty

Registered
Hi, does any one know where I can buy the stock active cooler for the nf7 series motherboard ?

*edited by Moderator*

Please don't ask to buy items, or sell items outside of the Classifieds Section.

Mr B
Forums Moderator

james.miller said:
if you need a cooler why dont you just buy a better one? or do you need it for some reason we cant talk about?

i have a vantec iceberq, but with no plug on the end, but i realised the stock abit cooler uses exactly the same type of fan, so then if i swap the fans over the iceberq will run from the 2pin header on the mobo

Did the Abit fan die on you? I'd try to contact Abit directly, and see if they can send you a replacement, if so.

One thing I've done (but haven't mounted on as I'm watercooling the NB on my NF7-S), is modify an old i486/Pentium CPU HSF to fit on the NB. These are the old small square 50mm sinks. If you cut a couple fins off of two opposing corners, and then cut a slot from those two corners in towards the center of the sink (use the Abit NB cooler as a template, for know how far in towards the center to cut), it'll fit on the NF7 series NB. Use the OEM coolers mount pins. There's a 3 pin fan header just below the main ATX power socket you can plug a standard 50mm fan into, too.... :D

If you're handy with a hacksaw (or similar), you'll wind up with something far better than that OEM cooler.... Plus, you ought to be able to find an old i486/Pentium HSF locally for next to (if not) nothing... Ask around at some local PC shops. They probably have one kicking around they'd give ya.

I'm borrowing a digi camera this afternoon for something else.... I'll take a quick pic of the one I made to show ya what I mean.... ;)

Brian

i already have a vantec iceberq but i want the fan from the stock abit cooler to shove in that as they both use the same fan,

u c my iceberq doesn't have a connector on the end, and my abit fan is damaged.

and james.miller, is there anywhere i could buy one of the fans in the UK?

but i don't like bodging things, and also the little metal clips inside the 2pin plug are ****ed, i sorta oppsed them with a soldering iron. before realising both the fans are EXACTLY the same only the abit one is 2pin

thats why i want a new abit one :)

someone has already posted that, but as i say i need it to be in the UK!

but the carrage and tax duty will cost too much, i've e-mailed abit and they can sell me the fan for about £6

Back