• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLZ help. My tbird wont post anymore at all:(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomas

Now i relly need help. I tried different multipilere/fsb settings and **** and suddently i got no post at all. It was when lovering the multipilere. This has happened to me before on some settings but then all i had to 2 was taking the cpu out running it without the cpu until i get the beep(no cpu installed) Then put it back in and it USED to post at default settings. But no nothing at all. Tried clearing cmos, taking battery out and everything. Nothing on screen and no beeps at all..............:( taking out the ram and see if i can get the any beep but nothing not even a F***ing sound at all. WTF is wrong???? I dunno what too do now. Putted in my old duron and the **** posted at once even runned fine on 135fsb.

I got no clue at all now. The cpu cant be dead can it?? if so it should have beeped or something? Also i let it run for a while and then touch the hsw but it feels cold as hell(too cold to be running).

But if its dead why the F*** should it die when it has runned stable for 2 weeks on this setting?? And it has neve been over 50c loaded so it cant be fried.

Also i had lots of problem with it earlier today. it has runned 100% stable for 2weeks now on 133fsb(1.33ghz) but suddently today it wouldnt do even 132fsb stable. and after trying to figure out whats wrong and try different settings i only get totally black screen when turning the **** on. How can that be when it has runned for 2weeks???(since i got the mobo)

the system is a7v133a, 1.1ghz tbird(avha), 320mb ram

I cant F***ing affourd this cpu too be dead since i just got it as an replacement for my chipped tbird.

To get the full picture check my post at the amd motheboards section since i tought it was the mobo that was dying.

Do you have access to another comp to test the proc in? When you turn it on, do the fans and such spin up or is it just sitting there like a paper weight? I would see if the proc works in another comp first, most computer shops will do this for a couple of bucks. Also, see if there is a way to test out the mobo. Did you unlock the proc or was it factory unlocked, if you did it the bridges may have been crossed and when you went to lower the mult it used two of the pins that were interconnected. I am sorry to hear that your comp is on the rocks and hope this helps a little.

Fiz

i know you're upset ... but is the foul language necessary?

Hmm when i tried again i got post again!! I dunno what was wrong it just worked when i tried it again. But had to turn it down too 130fsb(1.3ghz) to get it stable. Its odd since i had it stable at 1.33 before, i hoped it would do more after a burnin?? Anyways im happy it still works 1.3 is ok for the time being.

The psu should not be problem since its 400watt. Sorry for the bad lanuage i was a bit pissed, not meant of any of u guys:) Sorry and thx for the reply.

I have built several systems with the KT7. If it wont post simply shut down the system, unplug the power supply, remove your mobo battery, move the jumper located below the battery from its current position to the the next position and back. This will reset the mother board CMOS. Then put it all back together and when booting go into the BIOS and re config everything. When attempting to oc certain chips the kt7 will do the no post scare regularly

Back