• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P!!! and Prime95 no dice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

I'm currrently upgrading my inlaws' system. It's a P3-933 with 2x64MB PC133 CL3 on an Asus CUV4X-S board. Now I threw out the 8MB Ati card, cheap soundcard and the crap RAM, installed a GF4-MX440, 256MB PC133 CL222, SBLive!1024 and a NIC. I OCed it mildly to 1000Mhz (143FSB). Now before I do a clean install of Win98SE I wanna make sure this thing is 100% by running Prime95, BUT: when i start the torture test it gets busy on the first iteration but nothing happens anymore. The system doesn't hang and I can move the Prime window and access the rest of the system and such. I let it run like this for over an hour, no errors but nothing more happens either, WTF?

I've had that same problem when Prime was using more than 85% or so of my memory for a torture test. I'm curious to know what would cause this.

Back