• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ide taking over!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

More of the scsi variety! I put an ide drive in with my scsi, now the ide wants to take over! When I boot it shows scsi as d: and ide as c:. I want the scsi to be the primary boot device not the ide! Ive tried everything with the ide to get it to work ie. slave, master, cable select. Any ideas? Thanks!

check the BIOS, in the boot section, there should be an option as to boot from IDE or SCSI

Well, the bios on this thing is funky unlike any bios I have ever seen. It does not give the option to change anything it is more of a system overview instead. Showing what is there and what isnt. Either that or im not reallly getting into the bios. It does not give an option of which key to press. Old compaq 166!

yeah, thats pretty old, and its a COMPAQ. I dont know what to say on that one. I'm curious do you have a digicam, i want to see what that "BIOS" looks like.

Yeah, Compaq's are a pain. You might be able to go on their web site find the mother board manufacurer and model number and then upgrade the bios. Its the only thing I can think of

Phil

Thanks guys, the bios reminds me of a drop down menu from an old win 3.1 machine. The first menu item says like system then all the proceeding items are like video, rom etc and it only shows what it is but does not allow you to change anything! weird as hell hehe

The drop down menu is kinda light grey with black letters. same with the screens

On some OEM BIOS, the IDE controller will initialize for boot prior to the SCSI controller. If you have a PCI based SCSI controller, try moving it to the lowest available PCI slot, in the hopes that it will initialize prior to the IDE interface.

Back