• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do overclock a k6-233

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kakurot

Sombody bloddy tell me how to overclock my peice of ****

*NOTE*
This post Edited by Forum Manger
Harsh language is unacceptable in our forum. We warn, then delete, then we ban those who do not wish to conform to our forums rules.
That said I would like to welcome you to our forums, enjoy!

Daniel Edgar

How do f**king overclock a k6-233

the first step is to ask in a way that someone will want to help you.
being rude does not do a very good job of that.

Second....
Tell us what you know about your computer.
And info that you think may be good to know...
like what kind of heatsink do you have, and what are your temps
how fast is your ram and what kind of motherboard you have for example

Then we can help alot more
your computer a k6-2 233 has a FSB of 66 and a multiplier of 3.5
Now if you ram and mother board can do 100 FSB i would recommend trying to set your FSB to 100 and the multiplier at 2.5. This will give you a 250. If that work you could always try to go the next step, 300

Now if you can not do 100 FSB, i would say you can try 2 things.
1 being safer, one being faster
Try setting your FSB to 75, if that works your new speed is 75x3.5
The safer way would be rasing the multiplier to a higher number such as 4.
The advantage of this is that your PCI speeds stay in spec at 33.3 Mhz.

The simplest way to say how to overclock would be, rasing your multiplier, FSB or both. That is the basic idea here.

But by doing so problems can come, heat is one, can you handel the extra heat produced by this? Also the CPU core just may not be able to go to the next level of speed. If this is the case rasing voltage (providing cooling is good) can help you out.

But i would not recommend the rasing of the voltage if you are still new to overclocking as this can damage your computer.

My best advise i can really give is goto the main page at www.overclockers.com and read as much as you can on overclocking. Read the stories of success and failure, learning from what other people have done. This way you will be able to full understand what you are doing when overclocking

Back