• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 750 Will Not Pass 1gig Barrier?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrex

Registered
Hey all overclockers i've just bought a Abit KT7E with a duron 750 unlocked it and yes it works! But at 1000mhz it crashes in quake3 and other games and when i clock the whole **** back to 933 (7x133) it runs fine i don't think that the temp is a problem! (idle 28 busy 44) so what else could it be? I think i have to increase my voltage but i am not sure if my little duron can take 3.90v Instread of 3.30v (and does this voltage matter) i already changed the vcore to 1.85 without a problem does anyone has a clue? And another question about my memory how can i find out if it is cas2 or 3? Just Wondering! Thanx from Holland!

Duron 750@933 With Monsterly big 220v add fan/ Abit KT7E / 128Mb / GeForce2 Mx200 / Toshiba Scsi DVD / Sony Cdrw / 128 Creative Sound / Tekram Scsi / Crappy Network / 10gig seagate

Duron 650@850 with little 220v add fan / Msi Mobo
64mb / TNT2 / Aopen Cdrom / Crappy Network / 2gig quantum

Thanx for previous help and this is my 4th overclocked machine yeah baby!

I have overclocked 5 750 mhz durons and only 2 out of the 5 made 1 ghz, so you just might be at your CPU's limits.

Aaron

At the moment iam running at 1000 but crashes in some games in windows it runs perfect though
but i think it can handle 1100 temp is not a problm
44 busy 30 idle

same problem
nothin much will run at 1ghz for my duron 750
after it sdtarts windows it can only sit there
if i start something like icq, then once the icq is open, it closes automatically
it can't even complete the cpu math test

Back