• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to go higher than powerstrip...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Make a new bios for your video card that already has it overclocked; thus replacing the stock 325/310 with maybe 378/324. Now when you open powerstrip, it will give you much higher clocks to choose from...

pstrip.exe /clk n1 n2 x

where n1 is the desired memory clock speed, n2 is the desired core clock speed, and the trailing x (or /exit in the latest beta) tells the PowerStrip to set the clocks and then exit immediately for a zero-k footprint.

taken from here.

you could make a shortcut to PS, right click on the shortcut and choose
properties. in the target pane add the desired clocks.

you can also edit the pstrip.ini file to increase the limits. sorry i don't
know how to do it. i wish i had this problem :p.

hope this helps.

c_h

With powerstrip if you overclock and then tell it to rescan for new cards it will think your card is normaly at that, allowing you to go much higher.

Actually, howabout this? Trash PowerStrip and replace it with the newest RivaTuner. I've yelled at people before for claiming overclocks down to the single mhz which wasn't theoretically possible in the BIOS; but it really is!

The newest RivaTuner can overclock this card in 1mhz incremenents from like 200 to 3400mhz. Yeah, as if you'd EVER get that far, but it's still pretty cool stuff.

It's been a while so bare with me. :)

Either click or double click right under each slider you'll see where it says 133 just replace those numbers with 166 close out and you're done. You'll have the head room you're looking for.

if you get rage3d theres a way to change the max in regedit

look it up in the rage3d faq. that way you can go as high as you want with the best utility, imo.

Back