• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check my latest mod out!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

hey guess wat, i just bought a multi speed corded dremel yesterday, and i also modded the front of my plastic bezel, i already cut all the metal on the inside of the case with a pair of wire cutters ( if u get a good enough pair that is big enough, they cut thru thin metal pretty well, its just not that pretty ) and i also cut a hole out on the front bottom with the smaller cut out tool that comes with the kit on the dremel, i feel that i did a pretty good job on it, considering its my first time, i just cut the hole out, then finshed it off with the weird looking cylindrical looking sander to finish off the rough edges, no more whining from sf II anymore!!, btw, i need some other ideas to mod my case, i was thinking about modding my side panel so a centrifugal blower i.e.... a tmd fan or something like it woukld blow cool air from the room directly onto the hs fan..any suggestions?? another question is...is the dril bit that comes with the dremel powerful enough to cut thru steel? for soem reason, the steel in my case is incredibly cheap and is bent easily with a pair of pliers, also, would the dremel be able to cut thru it??
________
Recall Nexium

Last edited:
Any pics? Dremels should be able to cut thru the steel but you will need a couple of disks (the round thingy).
As for the sidepanel/centrifugal blower, you cut the sidepanel at the size of the blower, mount the blower on the case, make a shroud to go all the way to the heatsink and you are done. It has to be a powerful blower in order for it to make any difference.

Back